DEFENSE, DEFENSE, DEFENSE – the Obama team is on DEFENSE with respect to the health care debate. Its clear that they will use the bully pulpit to diminish dissent and suggest that anyone who disagrees is lying or a nutjob, The evidence is in – this administration wants to control you. Rather than let the market work, they will tell you what your health care choices are and you will be at their mercy. There is no question that health care should not be a problem waiting for a government solution – the government is the problem.
Ask yourself …….DO YOU TRUST YOUR GOVERNMENT?
Check out this email that the White House sent out this morning (also on the White House Blog HERE) I think it speaks for itself. (bold is my emphasis). I will post a rebuttal to the FAQs on a separate blog entry – it’s too much for one post…..
If you’ve tuned into the news in the past few days, it’s clear that the debate about health insurance reform has heated up as Senators and Representatives return to their home states and districts. A troubling trend has also emerged: as more people become engaged in the issue, defenders of the status quo have responded by muddying the waters with more wild rumors and scare tactics.
It’s time for a reality check.
Today the White House is rolling out a new website that focuses on what reform really means for you and your family, debunks some common myths along the way and provides you with online tools and content to share the facts with friends, family and anyone else in your social network.
The first set of videos addresses a wide scope of topics and debunks some of those common myths:
- CEA Chair Christina Romer details how health insurance reform will impact small businesses.
- Domestic Policy Council Director Melody Barnes tackles a nasty rumor about euthanasia and clearly describes how reform helps families.
- Matt Flavin, the White House’s Director of Veterans and Wounded Warrior Policy, clears the air about Veteran’s benefits.
- Kavita Patel, M.D., a doctor serving in the White House’s Office of Public Engagement, explains that health care rationing is happening right now and how reform gives control back to patients and doctors.
- Robert Kocher, M.D., a doctor serving on the National Economic Council, debunks the myth that health insurance reform will be financed by cutting Medicare benefits.
- In a video first released last week, Linda Douglass from the White House Health Reform Office addresses fears about the end of our private insurance system and reiterates that if you like your current plan you can keep it.
There is also a handy FAQ about health insurance reform.
Moving forward, we’ll use this platform to provide you with the latest “Reality Checks” and tools to combat misinformation.
We also want to hear from you. If you have questions about health insurance reform or suggestions on what topics we should address next, please let us know.
The road ahead will surely reveal more aggressive efforts from defenders of the status quo to confuse and scare Americans with half-truths and outright lies. We’re all too familiar with the time-tested tactics that opponents of reform have used for decades to prevent the meaningful change our health insurance system needs.
Now, with what the President calls “the best chance of reform we have ever had,” it’s time for citizens across the country get the facts about reform and work on the grassroots level to add a healthy dose of reality into the national discussion on health insurance reform.
One Response to “White House reacts to health care dissent with more defensive propaganda”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.